April 16, 2014

An Open Ended Letter To People Like You.

Thank you for giving me back that great semi-terrible job of filing papers that I had done years before so I would be forced to get out of bed and learn to overcome. To throw my feet on the floor each morning and be a fighter. Thank you to you who without me even asking wrote checks and purchased my flights to Africa in belief that Jesus would show up on red-clay dirt roads and meet me in my mess, and did He ever. Thank you one who sat on the bed next to me in Africa and dreamed this whole thing up- for telling me it’s not crazy to believe in having a job that pays the tab for flights and visits to other nations who need the gospel- because we now know that it’s possible. Thank you for crying next to me at the dinner table thousands of miles from home and for standing on a beach late into the night praying God’s supernatural healing into the dry and cracked parts my soul- that healing happened.

Thank you for letting me keep that boring job for far too long in a safe office where all you people were gracious and let me sort out the most terrible of days while scanning papers and listening to endless podcast which resurrected my dead and hopeless soul once again.  And thanks for on some days just acting like you didn’t see my tear filled moments. I love that about you people.

Thank you, to you business owners on the east coast, west coast and everywhere in-between who let me make and create for you. I love what we get to do. I love that we are not just clients, but I know your stories and your dreams- I’m glad we get to chase together.  Thank you for making this, THIS.

Thank you friends parents who passed my name and number along to the people you do life with, because they just might need what I can offer. Thank you for believing in me before I even knew what was about to happen here in this season of life. 

Thank you to the couple who has hand wrote and mailed a card every single month since June of 2012. Your grace on paper steals my heart over and over. You consistency has proved love greater than most anything tangible.

To the women who have held me in mall parking lots, living rooms, gap dressing rooms and everywhere in between all across this world these past few years - I like that you are an overcomer, you've become part of my overcoming. You taught me to press onward.

Thanks to the strangers I’ve been on dates with and realized you’re far too old or the “I just can’t, no” and the “why the freak does he not like me?- I’m so awesome” ones. Thank you for the drinks and dinners; for walking through fears. Let me publically thank you on behalf of my future husband, we needed your help in overcoming… Bless it.  

Thank you to the ones who didn’t mind my tears in church week after week when we didn’t even know each others names and to the ones who now sit in my home each week and beg salvation for business owners I work with. I love you deeply.

Thanks for listening endlessly to my absurd ideas and for not laughing. Thank you for a lot of things…. For forcing me to get out of a bed and figure it all our again. Thank you for keeping me close by your sides and on speed dial making sure I found my way again... And for understanding that season of life when I didn’t go further than a 2 miles distance from my parents for weeks on end.  Thank you for sitting on their kitchen floor and telling me ”it’s ok”. Those words, I can hear loudly in my head still, they mattered much.  


Thank you for all this…THIS, the dream happening in real time. Thank you to the ones who understand what chasing dreams does to your soul and for fighting with me. Thank you,  this is really a fairy tale.  For the ones that have just been part intertwined, distant and neighbor - I've loved this little thing we call sorting out my twenties. 

No comments: